Big Sky Loves You, Pledge to Love Big Sky Back:
We here in Big Sky and throughout Montana have been extremely diligent in following recommendations from the Center for Disease Control and World Health Organization, and directives from Governor Steve Bullock to Shelter-at-Home and 14-day Self-Quarantine if traveling out of state. With these directives having been lifted on Monday, June 1 as Montana moved into Phase Two of its reopening, we welcome visitors back, but we need your help to keep our residents and frontline hospitality workers serving you safe.
Your commitment to take the Big Sky Pledge demonstrates that you love Big Sky as much as it loves you.
- I understand that I need to be a responsible visitor. I will wash my hands frequently, wear a mask, practice social distancing, and follow other CDC guidelines and all local guidance regarding outdoor recreation, including that from Gallatin City-County Board of Health, the state of Montana and federal organizations to do my part to keep the community safe.
- I will stay home if I am sick.
- I will be patient with hospitality staff and businesses working through the phased reopening of Montana.
- I will respect the people and places that make Big Sky unique and the different approaches people are taking in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- I will give construction workers and wildlife a brake when driving.
- I will stay at least 25 yards from wildlife by practicing safe selfies and being aware of my surroundings whether near wildlife, mountain tops, steep cliffs, rivers or roads.
- I will be bear aware by carrying bear spray and knowing how to use it. I will also be alert, make noise, hike in groups, and stay on designated trails to limit encounters with bears.
- I will take only photos and leave only footprints. I will leave what I find including antlers, artifacts, rocks, plants, or any other objects.
- I will make my own memories, but not my own trails.
- I will leave no trace by packing out what I pack in - including all trash and picking up after my pup! #LeaveNoTrace