Big Sky, Montana is a lively mountain town that is home to the Biggest Skiing In America. If you're planning to visit Big Sky this winter, there's plenty to do!
Here are 12 fun things to do in Big Sky in winter:
- Dog Sledding - Spirit of the North Dog Sled Adventures runs dog sled trips right out of Moonlight Basin. There's something amazing about being pulled by huskies through the mountains.
Dog Sledding | MOTBD
- Sleigh Rides - There are many outfitters that will take you on a enjoyable Western-style sleigh ride through the vast mountains of Big Sky country.
- Snowmobile Tours - Big Sky is the perfect place to go snowmobiling. There's no easier way to access some of the most remote and scenic locations in the Gallatin National Forest than on a sled.
- Zipline Tours - Big Sky Resort features several zip line tours that are fun for all ages. Sign up and zip your way for thousands of feet over the heads of skiers and riders far below.
- Snowshoeing - Grab a pair of snowshoes and you can go just about anywhere. Take a hike on one of Big Sky's trails or head deep into the mountains. It's a fun way to explore.
Zipline at Big Sky Resort | Glenniss Indreland
- Winter Fly Fishing - Not many people plan to go fly fishing in the winter, but it's a magical experience. Grab your rod and check in with the local fly shop before you head down to the Gallatin, Madison, or Yellowstone.
- Live Music and Events - There's always something happening in Big Sky in winter. Live music happens nearly every single night. There are also events like Big Sky Big Grass, guitar concerts, classical music festivals, ski joring, dummy jumps, trivia nights, freeskiing competitions, pond skims, and so much more. Check out the events calendar and plan your trip accordingly.
- Skiing and Riding At Big Sky Resort - Big Sky Resort is home to the Biggest Skiing In America. Have fun exploring the 5,800 skiable acres. There's terrain here for skiers and riders of all abilities to enjoy for a week or a lifetime.
- Cross Country Skiing - Lone Mountain Ranch is one of the best cross country destinations in the world. Be sure to take the time to explore their 85 km of groomed trails.
- Backcountry Skiing - For true adventurers, hit the skin track and explore the mountains on your skis. There are plenty of fresh tracks to be had in the quiet mountains surrounding Big Sky.
- Ice Skating & Sledding - Whether it's sunny or snowy, ice skating and sledding are fun winter time activities. There's a local ice rink in town and plenty of sledding hills.
- Yellowstone National Park - Yellowstone is just down the road and it's a must-see in winter. Hire a snowcoach or jump on a snowmobile tour to see YNP under a blanket of snow.
Bison | Yellowstone Vacations
From world class resorts to pristine wilderness to adrenaline pumping activities, Big Sky has you covered. There are plenty of things to do in Big Sky in winter. That's why everyone is going to love Big Sky, Montana.
Are you ready to plan your trip to Big Sky?