Big Sky will bring a smile to anyone's face. Often the people with the biggest smiles in this Montana mountain town are the kids.
For children, Big Sky is the coolest outdoor playground in the world. It's big, it's fun, and it's never-ending. When you plan a trip to Big Sky, your kids are bound to have a blast - and so will you.
There are lots of adventurous things to do in Big Sky with kids. Here are a few of the coolest things you can with your little ones:
- Kids Adventure Games - Enter the annual Kids Adventure Games and let your kids compete in a kids-only adventure race held at Big Sky Resort.
- Climbing Boulders In The Park - Head down to the Big Sky Community Park and let your kids perfect their climbing skills while playing on the bouldering features.
- Whitewater Rafting On The Gallatin - Book a trip on the river and hold on why you splash through the wild rapids of the mighty Gallatin.
- Endless Hiking Options - Lace up the hiking boots and hit the trails into the vast Gallatin National Forest. Popular, kid-friendly options include Ousel Falls, Beehive Basin, Lava Lake, and Uplands.
Kids Adventure Games
- Ziplining Adventures - Don your harnesses and book your high speed zipping adventure today.
- Big Sky Resort Basecamp Adventures - Plan a full day of fun at Big Sky Resort's Basecamp - high ropes courses, zip lines, giant swings, hikes, skeet shooting, disc golf, paintball, paddle boarding, and the list goes on!
- Wildlife Spotting in Yellowstone National Park - Grab your bear spray and head down to Yellowstone for the day. Will you know all of the wild animals that you can spot?
- Ski Camps & Lessons - Rent skis or snowboards and play on the snow covered slopes of Big Sky Resort.
- Sledding - Pick a sled and rip down the friendly and mellow hills of Big Sky Country.
- Horseback Riding At A Dude Ranch - Saddle up and go on a horseback riding tour on the trails that weave through the Montana mountain ranges.
Kids Bouldering In The Big SKy Community Park | Photo: Big Sky Community Organization
- Dog Sledding In The Madison Range - Hold on tight as enthusiastic huskies lead you through the wild forests of the Madison and Gallatin.
- Mountain Biking At The Resort Or In The National Forest - Rent a mountain bike and ride the world-class flow trails, cross country trails, and downhill trails.
- Head Up Lone Peak - Scramble to the rocky summit or hop on the Lone Peak Expedition to enjoy the spectacular panoramic views from the summit of Lone Mountain at 11,166'
As you can see, kids (and adults) are going to love Big Sky! If you have wide-eyed, curious, fun-loving, outdoor kids, you're going to want to book a trip to Big Sky, Montana sooner than later.
No matter what time of year you choose to visit our mountain town, you'll enjoy our little corner of SW Montana. If you need help planning your trip, VisitBigSkyMT.com is your #1 source of information for everything Big Sky related.
See you soon!