Spring skiing in Big Sky is a blast. In fact, it may be one of the best times to hit the slopes and enjoy the Big Sky lifestyle. The days are longer, the temps are warmer, and the views will make your jaw drop. Spring delivers a perfect mix of bluebird skies and legendary storms. But don't trust us, head to Big Sky in March and April to find out for yourself!
gorillaimages | shutterstock
Why don't you plan to spend your March and April ripping groomers, making tram laps, exploring endless trees, or enjoying a classic Big Sky event? Besides world class ski terrain and good old fashion fun in the mountains, here are some of the events to look forward to this spring:
- Sunset Saturdays - Starting March 12 Ramcharger Chair will stay open until 5 PM every Saturday.
- Headwaters Spring Runoff - March 11-13 - Come and join in the fun of the 11th Annual Headwaters Spring Runoff as you watch hardcore ski competitors crush big lines in the Headwaters terrain.
- Smokin' Aces: Royal Flush Championship Slopestyle - March 19 - Come watch skiers and snowboarders compete in one of the best slopestyle tours in the Northern Rockies.
- MSI Freeride Series - March 23-27 - Mountain Sports International has run big mountain ski and snowboard competitions since 1998. Come watch this one live at Big Sky.
- F3T Fly Fishing Film Tour - March 24 - Head to Lone Peak Cinema to watch some world class fly fishing films and to get excited for fly fishing season!
- Subaru Winterfest - April 2-3 - Join Big Sky Resort and Subaru for some family friendly fun at Subaru Winterfest.
Sergey Naryshkin | Shutterstock
- Sky Card Weeks - April 4-10 and 11-17- All Sky Card holders save $25 on regular season lift tickets from April 4-10 and ski for free from April 11-17.
- Shedhorn Ski-Mo & Randonee Race - April 9 - Register today or come and watch the 2nd annual Shedhorn Ski Mo and Randonee Race where competitors use human power to scale and ski Lone Mountain.
- Pond Skim 2016 - April 16 - There's no better way to close out the ski season than with the Big Sky Pond Skim. Is this the year you're going to try it?
- Closing Day 2016 - Sunday, April 17, 2016 is the last day of the 2015/2016 season. Come get your skiing fix before summer sets in!
Are you ready to go spring skiing in Big Sky? We thought so! Time flying so book your spring ski trip to Big Sky right now. It's fun for all ages.
10 Reasons To Visit Big Sky, Montana In Winter
Go spring skiing in Big Sky in 2016. As Warren Miller says, "If you don't do it this year, you'll just be one year older when you do."
See Also: Check The Big Sky Snow Report