Welcome to Big Sky Country. What are you going to do first? Why don’t you pick up some Big Sky guidebooks to help you plan your next adventure?
Beehive Basin Trail | Photo: D. Lennon
Useful and informative guidebooks provide maps, history, landmarks, and important details that help us maximize our fun and enjoy the mountains safely and responsibly. Pick up a local guidebook focused on your favorite activities. They will help to point you in the right direction so that you make the most of your time in Big Sky.
Gallatin Canyon | Photo D. Lennon
Big Sky, Montana is the perfect basecamp for any recreational adventure. Whether you want to climb a peak or some ice, hike a cool trail, rock climb, fly fish, hunt for waterfalls, identify wildflowers, head to Yellowstone National Park, or hop to different breweries, there is a Big Sky guidebook for you.
Big Sky As Seen From Uplands Trail | Photo: D. Lennon
Here is a selection of Big Sky Guidebooks that will help you maximize your fun:
- Animals – Montana Wildlife: A Folding Pocket Guide to Familiar Animals – James Kavanagh
- Beer – Montana Beer:: A Guide to Breweries in Big Sky Country – Ryan Newhouseh
- Climbing/Skiing – Select Peaks of The Greater Yellowstone – Tom Turiano
- Fly Fishing – Fishing Montana: An Angler’s Guide to the Big Sky’s Best Streams and Lakes – Michael Sample
- Fly Fishing – Flyfisher’s Guide To Southwest Montana’s Mountain Lakes – Joshua Bergan
- Fly Fishing – Fly Fishing Yellowstone National Park – Nate Schweber
- Geology – Roadside Geology of Montana – David D. Alt & Donald W. Hyndman
- Geology – Roadside Geology of Yellowstone Country – William J. Fritz & Robert C. Thomas
- Ghost Towns – Ghost Towns of Montana: A Classic Tour Through The Treasure State’s Historical Sites – SHari Miller
- Hiking – Day Hikes In Yellowstone National Park – Robert Stone
- Hiking – Day Hikes Around Bozeman – Robert Stone
- Hiking – Day Hikes with Dogs: Western Montana – Wendy Pierce & Becky Stein
- Hiking – 100 Great Day Hikes Around Bozeman and The Greater Yellowstone – Mark Johnston
- Hiking – Montana Waterfalls: A Guide for Sightseers, Hikers and Waterfall Enthusiasts – Larry Johnson & Nathan Johnson
- Ice Climbing – Big Sky Ice: Montana ice Climbs – Ron Brunckhorst
- Ice Climbing – Winter Dance – Joe Josephson
- Maps – Beartooth Publishing Maps
- Mountain Climbing – Peakbagging Montana – Cedron Jones
- Mountain Climbing – Climbers Guide To Montana – Pat Caffrey
- Mountain Climbing – Select Alpine Climbs To Montana – Ron Brunckhorst
- Rock Climbing – Bozeman Rock Climbs – Bill Dockins & Tom Kalakay
- Rock Climbing – Rock Climbs of Southwest Montana – Kyle Vassilopoulos
- Rock Climbing – Rock Climbing Montana – Randall Green
- Skiing – Backcountry Skiing Bozeman and Big Sky – Ben Werner
- Skiing – The Skier’s Guide to the Biggest Skiing in America – Jeff Strickler
- Wildflowers – Wildflowers of Montana – Donald Anthony Schiemann
This is far from a complete list of Big Sky guidebooks, but it will definitely get you started on your next Big Sky adventure. Most of these books are available at online retailers like Amazon.com.
Golden Trout Lakes | Photo: D. Lennon
Come and visit Big Sky. Grab a map, buy some Big Sky Guidebooks, and go explore our backyard. You’re going to love it here.