Everyone loves skiing - especially kids. One of the best ways to get kids on the slopes is to sign them up for one of Big Sky Resort's Local Ski Programs where they'll develop proper technique and develop a lifelong enjoyment of skiing and snowboarding.
Big Sky Resort's local ski programs focus on safety, fun, and learning. The programs are designed for kids of all ages and abilities. All you need to do is find the right one for your kid and sign up. Register before December 14, 2016 to receive discounted rates on the Big Sky Local Ski Programs.
Learn More About Local Ski Programs On BigSkyResort.com
Let's take a closer look Big Sky's local ski and snowboard programs for kids:
- Skiwees - Ages 3 and 4 - Ideal for first time skiers who want to learn the art of sliding on snow. Skiwees is offered Saturdays and Sundays at the Mountain Village and seven days a week at Madison Base. The program runs from 9:45AM to 12:00 PM. FYI - It is capped this year so sign up!
- Mad Wolf - Ages 4-6 - Mad Wolf is perfect for any level skier from beginners to experts. Groups have 4 students per instructor. Mad Wolf is offered on Saturday or Sunday from 9:45am to 3:15pm.
- Club Shred - Ages 7-15 - Club Shred is the kid's snowboarding program that caters to riders of all ability levels. Groups will have no more than 6 students per instructor. It is offered on Saturday or Sunday from 9:45am to 3:15pm.
- Wolverines - Ages 7-14 - Wolverines is the next step after Mad Wolf. This program is focused on developing skiers of ALL levels in a variety of terrain and conditions. It's broad focus includes race training, free style, and all-mountain skiing. Groups will have 6 students per instructor. This program runs Saturday or Sunday from 9:45am to 3:15pm.
- Big Sky Rippers - Ages 10 and Up - Rippers is the highest level of the youth program and is designed for advanced skiers who want to ski big mountain terrain. They must ski level 9 terrain on the first day of the program. Rippers is capped at 4 students per instructor and all students must have appropriate avalanche gear (pack, beacon, shovel, probe). This program runs Saturday or Sunday from 9:45am to 3:15pm.
The Lone Peak Tram
Big Sky Resort's Local Ski Programs last six-week during two different sessions:
- Session 1 - January 7/8 to February 11/12, 2017
- Session 2 - March 3/4 to April 8/9, 2017
Big Sky Resort's Local Ski Programs take place at both the Mountain Village and Madison Base areas. For questions contact:
- Madison Base - 406.993.6062 | email@example.com
- Mountain Village - 406.995.5743 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Remember, while your kids are fearlessly taking laps in Freemont's Forest or the Gullies, you'll be able enjoy some time on the slopes too.