7 Fun Family-Friendly Winter Activities In Big Sky, Montana
Big Sky, Montana is one of the top trips for families during the winter season. When you combine the friendly people, the laid back atmosphere, the lack of crowds, and the abundance of family-friendly activities in Big Sky, it's easy to see why this place is the ultimate family destination all year long.
Once you visit Big Sky, it's hard to go anywhere else. There's something special about this mountain town. Book a trip here and you'll understand what we mean. When you come to Big Sky, it's going to be one of the best vacations you'll ever have. Don't believe us? Book a trip and find out for yourself.
Below you'll find a selection of fun family-friendly winter activities in Big Sky. What will you choose to do first?
1. Dog Sledding- Conveniently located tour operators are standing by to take you and your family on a dog sledding adventure through the pristine forests of SW Montana. There's something unique about being pulled by enthusiastic huskies through a picture-perfect winter environment.
2. Skiing - Big Sky is most certainly a skiing and snowboarding destination. Our mountain town is home to the Biggest Skiing In America. Big Sky Resort features 5800 acres of downhill terrain and Lone Mountain Ranch has over 85 km of groomed cross country trails. Rent your gear, take a lesson, and hit the slopes in Big Sky. Everyone enjoys the skiing experience.
3. Yellowstone National Park Tours - The west entrance of Yellowstone National Park is open to both snowmobiles and snow coaches during the winter months. Book a trip and venture into the winter wonderland of Yellowstone where you can experience this magical National Park in a very special way.
4. Sleigh Ride Dinners- Sign up for a sleigh ride dinner with one of the guest ranches or outfitters and you'll get to take a horse-powered ride into the mountains of Montana for a dinner extravaganza.
5. Arts, Culture, Events - Time your stay right and you may get to enjoy a show at Warren Miller Performing Arts Center or an event sponsored by the Arts Council of Big Sky. From magicians to theater performances to live music concerts, there's something going on almost every weekend all winter long.
6. Big Sky Resort Base Camp- Head up to Big Sky Resort and check in at Base Camp. This adventure center specializes in all sorts of fun family-friendly activities. Try zip lining, giant swings, rope courses, bungee trampolines, climbing walls, snowshoe tours, and more.
7. Snowshoeing - Everyone loves playing in the snow. Rent a pair of snowshoes and go on a short (or long) hike on some of Big Sky's popular winter hiking trails. Find a hill to sled down, make a snowman, and enjoy the fresh air. If you can walk, you can snowshoe.
Big Sky is fun for all ages. From toddlers to retirees and everyone in between, Big Sky is a special place that will provide your family with memories that will last a lifetime. Visiting Big Sky, Montana is an unbeatable vacation that you're going to love.
FYI - If mom and dad need a little time alone time, there are plenty of trustworthy babysitters or day care and ski school options to choose from too.