The Best Spots For Après Ski In Big Sky, Montana
"Après ski" means "after skiing" in French. This French term has made it all the way from the Alps and is now ingrained as part of our skiing lifestyle. No matter where you ski, après ski is a big part of the ski resort experience.
After a big day on the slopes, there's nothing quite like heading to the bar to kick back, relax, and tell tales of your skiing and riding feats on the mountain. While Big Sky may be all about the skiing, there are also plenty of cool spots for après ski in Big Sky.
Here are some of the best spots for après ski in Big Sky, Montana:
- Beehive Basin Brewery - Beehive Basin Brewery is a new addition to Big Sky's Town Center. Located near Roxy's Market, Beehive Brewery operates a 7 barrel brewing system and popular tap room where you can enjoy up to three of their hand crafted brews. It seems like there is always a new beer on tap, so stop by often.
- Gallatin Riverhouse Grill - The Riverhouse is located just south of Big Sky on Highway 191. It's known as the best BBQ in Big Sky, but in 2015 it was also voted the Best Spot for après Ski by ExploreBigSky.com's Best of Big Sky 2015. Head down to the Riverhouse and enjoy some tasty BBQ, a refreshing drink, and big Montana welcome.
- Scissorbills Saloon - Located in the Arrowhead building at the base of Lone Peak, Scissorbills is one of the go-to après spots for skiers and riders. Pick your choice of liquor, beer, or wine and enjoy the casual and laid back atmosphere. Plus, Scissorbills is a great place to listen to live music and to enjoy a tasty après snack.
- Montana Jack - Montana Jack specializes in craft burgers and craft beers. There are over 100 beers available and 24 are on tap. Located in the Mountain Mall at Big Sky's Mountain Village, Montana Jack is basically between the slopes and your vehicle. It's one of the easiest places to enjoy Big Sky's après scene.
- Carabiner Lounge - Located in the Summit Hotel, the Carabiner Lounge is a beautiful setting to enjoy a post-ski beverage. The Carabiner's large windows and big deck face the mountain so you can enjoy the view of Lone Peak into the evening hours.
- Lone Peak Brewery and Taphouse - If you haven't been to Lone Peak Brewery, make a point of stopping by the Meadow Village after a day of skiing As Big Sky's first microbrewery, Lone Peak Brewery features 12 taps of rotating seasonal and award-winning brews. Plus, you can enjoy their delicious bar menu if you're craving a bite to eat.
- Lone Mountain Ranch - The Saloon at Lone Mountain Ranch provides a true Montana après ski experience that's worth checking out after the ski day. Homesteaded in 1915, this 160-acre ranch is a great place to have a drink, listen to live music, make some friends, and experience Montana at its finest.
Some might say that the ski day isn't complete without a bit of après ski entertainment. These are just a few of the best spots for après ski in Big Sky. No matter where you go, you're going to have a good time.