Winter Essentials Packing List
With the snow coming down, you're surely scrambling to get up and enjoy all that Big Sky has to offer.
In that rush it might be easy to forget the essentials, but here are a few things to remember when venturing into the snow packed gateway.
- A hearty set of gloves. Whether you're cleaning off your car or shredding down the mountain, a good set of gloves is essential for an enjoyable and warm stay in Big Sky. Be sure you have two!
- Snow Suit essentials are obvious, but have you thought about a buff to protect your face from the windburn while scaling the 11,166ft. to the top of Lone Peak?
- Don’t worry about lugging your gear up the canyon. We have plenty of options in town. That will give you the freshest look when heading out to snow shoe, cross country ski or even just stroll through town center
Now that your adventure gear is covered, don’t forget to bring something nice to wear to enjoy one of our many fine dining establishments.
Out on the Town:
- Après Skiing is an important part of the Big Sky experience, so don’t forget a bathing suit for relaxing in a hot tub after a hard day on the slopes or for when you head down to Bozeman to enjoy some live music at the Bozeman Hot Springs. Relaxation is never far away.
- Searching for a more kid friendly activity? Bring or buy a sled at the local Ace Hardware Store and take a few laps on the local sledding hill, found on Spruce Cone and Bobsled Trail.
- Bring ice skates or rent them from one of our fine retailers to enjoy a few hours of fun at the Ice Rink in Town Center. Hoping to stay on the sidelines? Grab a hot cocoa and join the merry onlookers.
There is no shortage of fun to be had in Big Sky as we welcome the many inches of snowfall. Just make sure you're prepared with the right gear!