The weather changes quickly in mountain environments. When in Big Sky, Montana, it's best to always be prepared for whatever Mother Nature throws your way. Luckily, there are plenty of things to do on a rainy day in Big Sky.
According to USClimateData.com, Big Sky's average annual precipitation/rainfall is only 20.19 inches. The rainiest months are typically May and June. It's always possible to get a rainy or snowy day any month of the year, so always check the weather and watch out for lightning!
The #1 rule about a rainy day in Big Sky is that you can't let a little bit of rain stop you from having a good time. Below you'll find suggestions of things to do on a rainy day in Big Sky:
- Visit The River - Whether you're going fishing, kayaking, or rafting you're going to get wet on the river.
- Tune Your Gear - If you're stuck inside, plan to get ready for your next outdoor adventure. All of the gear we use to enjoy our backyard needs to be taken care of, so give your bikes or skis a proper tune.
- Bike & Hike - Take the bike down the Mountain to Meadow Trail or hike to Lava Lake. It's fun to get wet and muddy. Shopping - Go for a shopping excursion at Big Sky's top shops in the Canyon, Meadow, and Mountain.
- Climbing Gym - Geyser Whitewater has a pretty cool indoor climbing gym that's worth checking out. Give them a call before you head down there.
- Yoga - Yoga is a great way to stretch the body and get a work out.
- Massage - Book a massage at one of the spas in Big Sky.
- Coffee! - Take the chill out of a rainy day and enjoy a tasty coffee or a warm cup of tea.
- Browse The Art Galleries - Several art galleries call Big Sky home. Pick up a Montana inspired art piece for your home.
- Road Trip - If you can't sit still and want to explore the region, go on a road trip. Visit Bozeman's numerous museums. Take a dip in Montana hot springs. Wet your whistle at Willie's Distillery in Ennis. Head to Yellowstone. Make a lap around the Madison Range. Adventure up the forest service roads to spot wildlife. Big Sky Country is endless.
As you can see there are plenty of things to do on a rainy day in Big Sky. Grab your rain coat and don't let a little bit of rain hold you back from enjoying your day!