There's a good chance that when you come to Big Sky, Montana during the snowy winter months that you're going to go skiing or snowboarding. These sports are a big part of what makes this place so special. If you're going to hit the slopes or the trails you're going to need to rent skis in Big Sky.
There are several shops in Big Sky that specialize in ski and snowboard rentals. These shops know gear and they know how to set any guest up for a successful ski or snowboard vacation. From state-of-the-art demo equipment to affordable starter packages, you can get exactly what you need either in the meadow or at the resort.
Head to one of the following shops to rent skis in Big Sky, MT:
- Black Tie Ski Rentals of Big Sky - Black Tie does full service delivery of ski gear. Make a reservation and Black Tie will bring your gear right to your door.
Karin Hildebrand Lau | Shutterstock
- Grizzly Outfitters - Grizzly Outfitters has two locations that rent skis and snowboards. One in Town Center and one on the Gallatin River on highway 191.
- Gallatin Alpine Sports - Located in Westfork Meadows, G.A.S. rents skis, snowboards, cross country skis, and fat tire snow bikes. They also offer rental delivery service.
- Lone Mountain Sports - Located in the Arrowhead Mall right by the slopes of Big Sky's Mountain Village, LMS can set you up for alpine ski rentals.
- East Slopes Outdoors - Located in Town Center, East Slope Outdoors rents alpine, snowboard, and nordic equipment.
- Big Sky Resort - There are multiple locations where you can rent gear at the resort. Big Sky Sports Rentals and Big Sky Performance Demo Center are located in the Snowcrest building at the Mountain Village.
Brian Balster | Shutterstock
- Lone Mountain Ranch - The Ranch was voted #1 Nordic Ski Resort in North America by Cross Country Skier magazine. This nordic destination can set you up with cross country and skate ski rentals.
When you rent skis in Big Sky, prices range from about $20 per day to over $55 per day and there are often multi-day discounts. These prices include skis, boots, and poles. And yes, most of these shops will rent you a helmet too. Or if you're truly dedicated to sliding on snow, some of these shops even offer season-long rentals at crazy affordable prices.
We haven't listed any detailed prices on this page because they fluctuate. There are kid rates, demo rates, snowboard rates, backcountry rates, and the list goes on. Browse the websites of the shops that rent skis in Big Sky to find out what brands they carry, compare prices, reserve online, or schedule your ski rental delivery.
Skis and snowboards are one of the must-have items that you need to enjoy the day on the slopes. Have fun out there!