Cruise through open meadows, spectacular alpine scenery, and powder fields, experiencing Big Sky and Yellowstone National Park by snowmobile.
Many of the beautiful views in the surrounding Greater Yellowstone region can be accessed on a guided tour or by yourself. There are miles of backcountry trails for the adventurous individuals and groomed trail options for family-friendly outings.
Unfortunately snowmobile use is not permitted in the Meadow/Town Center or Mountain areas of Big Sky. There are trails to ride on in the Canyon!
YELLOWSTONE NATIONAL PARK
You can experience Yellowstone National Park on a guided snowmobile tour. Tours are normally a full day adventure and stop at iconic points like Old Faithful and the Grand Canyon of Yellowstone. Many outfitters offer full body suits, boots, gloves, and helmets for an additional cost.
PREPARING FOR YOUR ADVENTURE
- Maximum speed limit on all groomed Forest Service trails is 45 mph
- All snowmobiles must be registered
- All out-of-state snowmobilers must purchase a non-resident snowmobile user permit. REQUEST A PERMIT
- YELLOWSTONE NPS KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
- GALLATIN NATIONAL FOREST AVALANCHE REPORT
- MONTANA STATE PARKS
- NATIONAL FOREST SERVICE