Snuggle under a blanket and enjoy an old-fashioned Western sleigh ride adventure!
Area outfitters offer evening sleigh rides, with options to dine at a backcountry yurt or cabin where there’s a meal waiting and fire to warm you up.
Depending on the snow conditions, most sleigh ride dinners run from mid-December late March/early April. Private sleigh rides available for special occasions!
Rides Monday – Saturday
- 5:30 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. – Appetizer Sleigh Ride: includes a ride to Mountain Man Campsite along the Gallatin River, bowl of wild game chili, cheese, crackers, popcorn, hot beverages, ranch stories by a bonfire, sleigh ride back to front office
- 9:00 p.m. – Dessert Sleigh Ride: includes a ride to Mountain Man Campsite along the Gallatin River, hot & delicious wild berry cobbler, popcorn, hot beverages, ranch stories by a bonfire, sleigh ride back to front office
Lunch and Dinner Rides seven days a week
- Day Sleigh- sleigh ride trip and return at Horn & Cantle for a buffet lunch
i. Early Sleigh, with lunch at 11 and Sleigh at 12 noon
ii. Late Sleigh, with Sleigh at 12:45 pm and lunch at 1:30 pm
Sleigh Ride Dinner Everyday, 4:30pm and 7:30pm
- 1st course: House made Rye with Caraway Bread
- 2nd course: Prime Rib with Pepper & Horseradish Crust, Smoke Turkey Pot Pie, Potato Leek Soup, Mashed Potatoes & Seasonal Roasted Vegetables
- 3rd course: Apple Huckleberry Cobbler a La Mode
- Kids Menu available upon request: Chicken Fingers, Mac & Cheese & French Fries
Rides December - March
- En route sleigh ride guests may sit in the open air with blankets or enjoy the forest, horses and stars of the Montana wilderness or relax inside the covered, heated portion of the sleigh to take off the chill. Once guests arrive in the dining hall they are greeted with all the comforts of a deluxe backcountry camp. After dinner guests will have a 35 minute ride back down the mountain. Alcohol is BYOB – bring your own
Rides Fridays and Saturdays between 4-7 pm
- Join Elkhorn Ranch for a winters sleigh ride through their private ranch followed by dinner served in their cozy dining room. Sleigh rides include hot cocoa, appetizers, dinner, dessert, and two complimentary drinks (beer & wine). More available for purchase